Thursday, January 8, 2009

Catch up!

Hello again to anyone who actually reads these random ramblings. :) With the hustle and bustle of the Holiday season I had much happen and no time to tell about it! A quick catch up is in order [insert here]

Christmas was great! We had to wake my brother up to go downstairs to where the tree was. I got a wonderful memory foam pad for my apartment bed... its like sleeping on a heavenly cloud and my roommates are all pretty jealous. But I also got an electric blanket! Good bye shivers, Hello good night's sleep! :D Christmas day was probably the most lazy day I've ever spent but it was nice as I didn't have any school to worry about.


Ica and I did go sledding with Dan and Phil one day. It was quite the adventure... Phil took us to a hill that not many know about and let me tell you, there is a reason... I sled down it a grand total of 5 times and I face planted at the bottom (or middle) every time! :) It was fun though. This picture was taken just after Ica went head first into a bush at the bottom... she told me it wasn't all that tasty... I was so wet that I had iceicles in my hair! This is also before Phil pushed me through a bush and off a cliff... yep, good times...



The fam and I partied it up for a few days, Mom and I hit our "after Christmas" stores, and Ica and I finished up our roommate gifts. New Years Eve came and with it my boy came back from Roosevelt. We stayed up late and I was up and ready to go at 7. Bryce was actually brave enough to come down to the ranch in Kanab with my family and I. It turned out to be a lot of fun! I whooped him in Rummy 500... and the stars were pretty amazing at night. :) There was ice on the lake and naturally the boys spent at least an hour and a half sliding around on the ATVs. The hardest part of going down there is the hard reality of school starting again... *sigh*

As it always does, vacation ended and now we're back in school. I have a new roommate who bought Kerry's contract... she is way nice, a little crazy, and super fun. I think she will fit in nicely here. :) All of us crazy girls are back safe and sound. And so far we have survived the classes of the first week. My schedule is pretty intense but I am excited for it too. I start classes on MWF with Geography 101 at 8:00 am, ASL 102 10:00, Social Psychology 11:00, History 202 12:00. Mondays I have an evening 2nd half of the New Testament class from 5:00-6:50 to get home in time to run FHE. My Tuesdays and Thrusdays start at 9:00 with World Dance, and ASL at 10:00... so yeah, I will definately be kept on my toes this semester. I am also hoping that one of these job interviews will end with me getting a job... so cross your fingers and pray for me! :)

In world news (as far as I know anyway): The missionaries are all working hard. Xander just had his first transfer and is doing really well in Indonesia. The work in Europe is progressing forward, both in Spain with Jonathan and in France with Travis. In Japan, our Elders Stufflebeam and Badger are finding good things to write home about. In all honesty, there is not a whole lot of news from Brazil... I hope its still there! :) And finally from the MTC, Elder Raynor is finishing up his last two weeks there and will then be on his way to Mexico! The church is true where ever you are and I am so proud of them all!

Well thats it for now, hopefully I'll have a more exciting story to tell sometime soon! :) Tschau!

4 comments:

  1. I just found your website via Marian :) I will add you to my regular lists of blogs to check out. Mine is private, so if you email me at danarimington@comcast.net I can get you invited on to my blog as well.

    Glad to hear you Scribners had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jessica! Nice to "see" you. So who's this handsome pioneer? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, no comment of our little visit? Did it even make your top ten? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes your visit made the top ten! I just adore you and your family! but I will admit, it was pushed down a number by my boy... although I still love you all the same! :)

    ReplyDelete