Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cookie Love

Somehow, despite my best efforts at washing my hands they are still very sweetly red and smell faintly of butter cream frosting... Why? This is the question of the day. Luckily, I have the answer!

My latest adventure started with a text. The plan was to go home after work and party it up with... yup you guessed it... my mom! We wanted to make valentine's cookies and boy was it fun! When I got to my house my mom had already made the cookie dough and was letting it cool before we commenced the rolling, cutting, and cooking of the cookies. We were not quite sure how it would turn out... but we were having fun and that was all that mattered. The process up through cooking, however, is just the first step of creating valentine cookies... There is still the decorating...

After about a third of the cookies were frosted we began to run out of steam. Luckily my dad came up and used his abundant creativity with a few... :) (my personal favorite was the "candy land cookie" do you see the path?)



I love times like this. It is so much fun for me to hang with my mom and chat about boys and school and different cooking tips. We have a lot of fun! I love my mom and am so very grateful that she loves me back! ;) I don't know what I would do without her help and support. She has been there through thick and thin... and when I have questions about cooking something... So thanks Mom. For everything. I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...cookies!

    (PS--I love your mom too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Jess, but you don't "cool" cookie dough, you "chill" it. (it isn't "hot" like. . . ;-) It was lots of fun though (at least the first hour and a half!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh fine... your first comment and its an editing error... make fun of my vocabulary won't ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time together.

    I love your mom, too. She's been a fabulous support and a great sister!

    ReplyDelete