Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Diamond in the Rough

Ha! Got ya! You thought this was an engagement announcement. Sorry to disappoint. Actually, I told my mother and my brother that I would update my blog with the recent news of my brother too! My brother is definitely one-of-a-kind...

Ben is now 16 years old, with a license to drive and a confidence that reaches into the eternities somewhere... Nothing seems to phase this boy in his surety that he is cool. Preston can attest to the amount of time this boy spends in the shower/bathroom getting his perfect hair-do in order... with his side-burns growing out, and his new fo-hawk he is looking pretty stylish. Braces no longer plaguing him with metal, he is free to flash his smile at any unsuspecting girl and he swears it works. ;)

On Sunday it was his assignment to give the lesson. He could choose any section in the "For Strength of Youth" pamphlet... what did my brother choose? nope, guess agian... yep that's right, Sexual Purity. He said the look on his leaders faces were priceless. I'm pretty sure he just likes the attention but whatever his reason, his bravery is astounding!

Last night my family was in for a shock as our conversation turned to my brother. Ben was making fun of my dad when mom told him to be careful or he was going to become as hairy as my dad. Ben then said, and I quote "oh, no man. I am one hairy beast."

Well with a comment like that, as he was wearing shorts, both mom and I naturally look to his legs as his proof. The last time I saw my brother he could have rivaled big-foot with the amount of hair on his legs... this time... well let me re-create the conversation for those who can't quite picture it...
Mom: "wha-? Did you shave your legs!?!"
Ben: *chuckling* "man its taken you, like a month to notice."
Mom: "have you been using my razors?!"
Ben: "well, you have like three..."
...
Mom: "now I wish I had a blog..."

Haha, so long story short, Ben apparently got bored in one of his bubble baths and thought he would entertain himself by trying it... but when it started to stubble it hurt to wear his skin-tight jeans... so he had to continue. He now thinks it feels kinda nice...

My mom and I still haven't quite gotten over it... But we are going to continue loving him with what we can.. on the bright side, I can compare with him technique right?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That is too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! What a nut!

    Yes, your mom needs a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, kinda sort of worried now. I am afraid that I won't notice anything about Ben but his legs from now on! haha Tell your Mom to get her own blog!

    ReplyDelete