Saturday, August 29, 2009

UP and away we go!

Life's pace starts picking up to, day as my last free day before school starts on Monday. I know I'm way behind everyone else already... but this semester is promising to be rather crazy. What with a wedding to plan (I have 6 weeks from today!), 13 credit hours, and a job hunt to hopefully end in a job... dinner groups, ward activities... and... oh yeah, homework...

As a last hurrah before school begins a bunch of us took advantage of the dollar theater last night and bought out two rows of Disney Pixar's newest adventure, UP. If you have not yet seen it, I am crying for you right now. Pixar has done it again and has made a new favorite for me! This movie has everything! Humor, a few tear jerking scenes, a 78 year old man, an 8 year old boy, A "more mature" man named Carl Fredrickson has spent his life dreaming of an adventure to Paradise Falls. One day he finally breaks free (literally) and finds himself in a hilarious adventure with a group of unlikely heros. My personal favorite is Doug. Doug is the oh-so-lovable talking golden retriever who accompanies Carl and Russle and Kevin on their journeys. Funny enough... he looks a lot like my little puppy, Max... and I imagine if Max had a collar like that, he would sound much like him too. The clip posted here introduces the whole crew rather nicely. (It is one of my favorite scenes...)

1 comment:

  1. We wanted to see this movie. In fact, we actually made it to the theater and they had canceled the showing that had been advertised in the paper. Unfortunately, we never made it back. (sigh) Guess we'll have to try again.

    ReplyDelete