Friday, October 7, 2011

What a wonderful life!

General Conference is one of my very favorite things. I love the very idea that God is speaking directly to me, my family, and everyone in the world. He communicates what he would like us to know about our situation here on earth through his prophet. There is nothing but love in my heart for these men who dedicate their lives to serving the church membership and citizens world wide in God's name. They declare a bold, un-apologetic, testimony of Christ, His atonement, and His Gospel. They do so with authority, fierce loyalty, and nothing but unconditional love for all men. And twice a year we are able to sit at their feet and feel that spirit of love, concern, and redirection we can all use once in a while.

I enjoyed the whole thing... there were so many messages and topics I know I could do much better on in my life. My home teachers gave us the challenge to prepare for conference by praying for certain answers. I have had a few questions and feelings that I wondered about and I did so. I wrote down what I would like answers to, and put Heavenly Father to the test.

My mom invited me to go with her and a couple other sisters from her ward to the conference center for the Relief Society broadcast. I was there, thinking about those questions I had and then the meeting started. President Uchtdorf spoke to me... or so it seemed. There was so much for me to learn in that talk that I was mesmerized by the profoundness. Not to mention the love he had in his tone, and the analogy of the little, seemingly insignificant flower. Even as he was talking I knew I wanted something for me to put in my house to always remind me of the feelings I felt when he spoke to me. I though I would share it with anyone who would be interested too.

If you click on the picture, it should give you an image you can save and print. 

Among my other favorite talks were Elder Bednar's talk on Family History (Bryce and I are the ward Family History consultants and have just recently caught the Spirit of Elijah fever...), the talk on "Looking up", and the talk to the fathers about raising a daughter. President Monson's stories in his final talk regarding the speaker at the temple were inspiring. I really felt a theme through the conference could be Service to each other & your prayers, no matter how small, will be answered. And I testify that I know the things that were said were straight from heaven.

Here is my other little inspiring image for ya'll to enjoy. Click them, print them, enjoy...





Brayden is now officially 7 months old. He scoots around on his belly with his left big toe to get anywhere he wants to. He's actually forming a little callus on his foot where he pushes himself. He's pretty speedy. His new favorite activity is to hold onto my hands and pull himself onto his knees and then to his feet. He looks so triumphant when he succeeds. Smiling with his two new front (bottom) teeth.

Bryce came home for lunch a week or so ago and on his way back to work he was hit from behind in a school zone.  Bryce was hit, pushed into the car in front of him, then the next car, then the next... Everyone was fine, and our car was the one hit worst... Bryce is fine. Our car on the other hand.... lets just say the worst place to be in a mulit-car accident is in the middle... It was totaled. Bryce called me and said, "So... I was hit... but... we can get a car you can drive!" HA! So, as weird as it sounds, this is great news for us. We have been doing our first car shopping and are proud of our result. It is an automatic (*wink*) Hyundai Accent 2006. It's a pretty sky blue color and fits our little family well. It drives well, is safe, and gets awesome gas mileage. We call it the roadrunner because its horn sounds like the Warner Brothers' cartoon... :) *meep*

Bryce is studying hard for his final interview... the test in his company to see if he can remember enough about health care to keep working at KLAS... he's pretty stressed, but I know he will do well. He works so hard and is always coming home to tell me the latest thing he learned. It all goes over my head, but I try to keep up with all the jargon and lingo...

I spend my time with my darling little boy. We play, clean, watch Studio 5 and the news... and plan parties, projects, and crafts that I want to do. (P.S. The Halloween season is upon us and I am soooo very excited!!!)

We are redefining our plans for my future (school-wise) and they are still in progress... but I will probably enroll in a few independent study courses sometime in the near future to complete my core credits. That way, when I can apply for the General Studies program, I will only have to focus on the emphasis courses. We shall see what life hold for us until then!

Can you believe that Bryce and I have our 2nd anniversary this next Monday?! It seems like forever ago... and yet, it hasn't been that long. Wow. Bryce is taking me to the circus! I am pretty excited as I have never been to a circus before...
That about sums up our 2 years right there...
Well, that's about it for now! I love you all!









No comments:

Post a Comment