Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...

That is what MY girls are made of! :)

Heavenly Father has, for some reason, deemed me worthy to receive the blessings that I call my wonderful friends. They take care of me and cheer me up every day here and I can't even begin to express my gratitude and love for each of them.

I can't imagine life without my amazingly wonderful roommate Ica. I don't think anyone who knows us can either. The whole "joined at the hip" idea is not truer for anyone than us! :) She takes care of me everyday. Her happy smiling face can brighten everyone's day and never fails to brighten the apartment. Even when I know she's having a not-so-good day... or has to go to the ER... she always makes effort to make sure everyone else is alright and happy! I get these little random love notes attached to my bed, in my car, or just randomly all over the place. She is a sweetheart. We have had some amazing times over the years and they just keep getting better. I wouldn't have it any other way! I also don't think I could watch LOST without her... it has created a special bond between us... :) I will not know what to do with myself when she goes off on her adventure to Disneyworld... all I have to say is that it had better be a great souvenir... ;) I just love her so much and I thank the heavens that she puts up with me as her roommate and friend. :)


My next little blurb is for Megan. There is a quote that I believe describes our apartment and mostly Meg. I quote Po (the panda), "there is no charge for awesomeness, or attractiveness." We have to remember to only take about 10% of what she says seriously, but when it is serious she know how to be. We laugh and worry together and have had some really great times. She's the psych major and I think she couldn't be in a better apartment of girls. :) Meg is a wonderful example to me of patience and unconditional love. She gets things done and also knows how to have fun!



Alyssa is the one who has promised to beat up any boys that break my heart. :) (Bryce, don't pay attention to that last sentence...) She has made that promise to all of us. She's a girl who knows where she is going and what she needs to do. I admire her for her perseverance, honesty, and easy-going attitude. She doesn't really complain and I am hard pressed to find her in a really bad mood. She usually greets me with a smile and a "how was your day?" :) It is nice to feel so loved! I will say, when I first moved in, she was a little intimidating... but I have found a wonderful friend and I wouldn't trade her for anything! I will miss her when she moves away from me. *sniff*

Julie and I have a special relationship... :) and by that I mean only the best! We love to tease each other because we make each other laugh. She has the best faces! If there is a potentially awkward topic of conversation we (the other girls and I) often find ourselves competing to see which one of us can get "the Julie face." I can usually win with a "*gasp!* JESSICA!!" and a good wide open mouth. :D She thinks I have weird eating habits... which I do... and will constantly pay attention to my meal times. I thinks she's just impressed with my mad skills of making everything safely unhealthy... :D One day Jules... its only a matter of time...We're pretty tight and I love her to death. There have been some pretty deep and wonderful discussions. It also makes me laugh when she comes out on the couch at night because she doesn't want to go to bed, and then immediately falls asleep... only to have me drag her back to her bed... good times. I am so excited that she isn't abandoning me over the Summer months. We are planning some gand adventures together. (take that Ica! :D ) She inspires me to be better everyday!



Katy is a brand new bundle of energy that keeps all of us hopping. She loves dance, her family, and playing cupid's little helper. It has been fun and interesting to get to know her and she is a sweet girl who has a lot to offer the world. She just got home from a mission in Argentina and has some great stories to tell.



This seemingly random post comes up as all of try to decide where we are going to live in the upcoming months. I wanted to publicly acknowledge these wonderful girls and thank them for all they have done for me. I have grown spiritually and physically so much since moving in with them. I truly believe that Heavenly Father placed them in my life to teach me the lessons that I have learned about friendship, relationships, and service. They are such great examples of Christ-like people that its impossible to find a better bunch of girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment