Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Twenty Years Old!!!


Yep that's right! I am officially not a teen any longer! I cannot believe that I am old enough to be twenty though... I am constantly finding myself in the crossroad decisions that for all my life I have thought of them as a distant future.

My roomies took great care of me this weekend by throwing me a surprise party on Thursday(and it surprised me about 4 different times...). Every birthday Megan has decorated a surprise cake for the birthday girl and is getting very good. It was amazing!!! When they first went to "reveal" the cake they showed me an empty pan and Megan said, "oh no! The cake is lost!" The party was a luau theme corresponding with the cake. Yes, my cake was shaped and decorated like the island from LOST. It was pretty fun and rather exciting. :D I've never had a surprise party before. My roomies also took me to lunch at Tucanos between sessions on Saturday. That was a great meal too! (although it was just after we had listened to the whole "provident living" talk by Elder Hales...) I just love these girls and I also discovered that I do have friends. Believe me, that was a welcomed discovery. :D Thanks to all who came to celebrate with me.






After the party Ica, Bryce, Jake, and I all went out into the torrential rain and found some amazing puddles to jump in. A few minutes after we left we were drenched to the bone! We played until we got numb and finally went back in to dry off. For someone who is turning such an age, you would think I'd be over the whole puddle-jumping phase...



On Friday Bryce made me feel like a princess. :) He gave me a beautiful bracelet that sparkles a little and actually fits! (my wrists are a little on the small side...) I am quite impressed. :D After classes I was taken up to Luganos (Italian restaurant in Salt Lake City) for dinner and then to Monsters vs. Aliens 3D. It was a great movie I enjoyed it. The 3D was very much worth it, and Bryce agrees with me. ;) While we were standing there waiting to be seated a little girl came up to us and told me that I looked very pretty tonight and that I would love the movie! :D She was so cute and it totally made an already great day even better. It was a spectacular evening and I am so head-over-heels for that boy I could stay in the clouds forever... ;) (sorry a little sappy... but its true...)





Saturday Mom and I got to spend some time in the evening together. We ate a Zupas, found some cute shoes, visited with Grandma and Linda, and watched Mama Mia. Another great movie I really enjoyed. Sunday we celebrated Easter/Jessica's family dinner together. It was fun to have the family around. Plus, I got a giant skillet/pan... thing!!! I am so excited and I am currently hiding it from my roommates... I also got an adorable apron from my mom and I LOVE it! I will show it off as soon as I have a good picture...

All this partying has made me very tired... or I'm just getting old and can't get around as easily as I used to... (I personally think its the latter... but I am constantly told otherwise) *sigh* another year older, there is question as to whether there is wiser included... It is interesting to look back even just over the past year to see just how much I have learned about life and have grown in my testimony. Its mind-boggling to think about where I was a year ago... I can't wait to see what the next year will hold in store for me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete