Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ode to Christmas

Christmas time is a special time for me. I love everything about Christmas and December and...everything! What better reason to celebrate than our Savior, Jesus Christ?! As my husband has now discovered, I tend to get rather excited about the whole ordeal.

Thus, here is my ode to Christmas:
Things I love about Christmas...

Smell: peppermint, orange, pine, cinnamon, cocoa, hot apple cider, cooked ham, homemade cookies...

Tastes: see smells above :) (minus the pine) warm corn and potato chowder, Terry's chocolate orange, little Christmas treats...

Sight: twinkling and shining Christmas lights, decorated Christmas tree with gifts wrapped underneath, the nativity scene, stockings, ribbon, bows, snow sparkling in the sun and as it falls softly to the ground, the extra sparkle in everyone's eyes...

Hear: Christmas music, jingling bells, honest laughter, the crackle of a cozy fire, the stories of Christmas miracles, a joyful squeal that can come from a thoughtful gift...

Feel: the happiness of the holiday spirit, a cozy fire, warm cocoa warming me from the inside out, the citrus zing of an orange and the sheer pleasure of the smells coming from the spray in the air, the icy cold spot when a snowflake lands on your nose or cheek, my warm fuzzy scarf brushing and warming my neck, the joy I get from simple family time, and the love that seems to float through the air, the rush of finding that perfect gift, the excitement of the first glimpse of Christmas morning!...

Activities: decorating the tree, watching the Muppet Christmas Carol, Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Sipping hot cocoa, driving around to see the lights, setting up nativity scenes with my mom, the family Christmas party and talent show, Temple square's lights, the MoTab Christmas concert, 1st Presidency devotional, and reading Christmas stories. I love learning about Jesus and never tire of reading His story...

Isn't Christmas just the best!?!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this blog. It reminded me of all the things I too love about Christmas. I hope we can keep those feelings all year and maybe just change a few to go with the seasons. Have a great New Year!
    Love,
    Linde

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!!! I love Christmas, too.

    ReplyDelete