Friday, January 22, 2010

Here's to a wonderful husband


Dear Superman,
I cannot number the times that I have thanked heaven for your presence in my life. Every time you walk through my thoughts my heart skips a beat and I seem to float through space and loose track of time. I have found that dreams are not as good as they used to be as they have all come true through you! (*eww mushy...*)

You are the warmth on a cold winters day. You always step up to the plate when I've too much on mine. Life is better with you in it and already I struggle to imagine it without your inviting presence. Anyone who meets you loves you. You are friendly, warm, caring, and non-judgemental. There is safety in your arms and somehow, when you are near, even the darkest days don't seem so bad. Your romantic side shines through with spontaneous candles with the jambalaya and lilies on my seat when you pick me up from class. You inspire me to be better and take your belief in the Gospel seriously. You support me in my various interests and dreams. You let me experiment new cooking on your dinner and cheer me on in any of my crazy endeavors.

That smile, that makes me go weak at the knees and my heart rate increase... those wonderful, caring, baby blue eyes... your laugh that sends sparkles into your eyes and tangible joy through the air. I want nothing more to hear that laugh, to make you happy. I live to see you again, to have you hold me. My dreams all include you now, and I find it easier for me to smile when you are around. You make me so happy i get dizzy with the thought that I am to be your wife... forever...

In summary I have three simple words for you.

I love you!

Love,
Your Sunshine

2 comments:

  1. What precious comments. I wish I could follow suit and tell some of those wonderful things to George. I only wish I had done more of that while he was here. Thanks for reminding me how lucky we are to have these men in our lives. Love you!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, quit making the rest of us look bad! Glad you are so happy!

    ReplyDelete