Friday, February 12, 2010

Dear Spring

I know you probably have a contract with the groundhog, or his shadow but I miss you terribly and don't know how much longer I can manage. Winter is mocking me with brief glimpses of you and its relentless cold bites at me when I venture from the cozy indoors. So I was just wondering if you could consider the humble request of coming a little earlier than planned.

Your warm touch colors my world. I give a soft sigh when your gentle breezes gently teases my hair. My love for you perpetuates year after year and will never die. So long as you continue to come back. You have been away for so long I am afraid I am starting to forget your face. Life is merely survival when winter persists, but you bring happiness in the air and hope in the budding of new life you bring! I miss you terribly. Wont you please come back to me?

Yours truly
Jessica <3

4 comments:

  1. I loved your thoughts! You really have a way with words. They are my feelings exactly. Spring just brings new life to me. Love you! Have a great day! See you Sunday.
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss it too! I'm anxiously awaiting warmer weather because I love to take my kids for long walks. They get fresh air, I get exercise! Win-Win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am ready for Spring. Wintertime has its on beauty but this time of year the snow gets so dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so when are you going to write a book. You are such a good writer.

    ReplyDelete