Sunday, May 16, 2010

*insert clever title here*

Sunday afternoons are a favorite time to sit and contemplate on how life is going. Life is wonderful. I have a fantastic husband who loves me and tells me so everyday. It is fun to have Meg. married and in the same situation as me. She came over to visit and we had fun chatting about how different married life is and how great it is to have a roommate that you chose... She was feeling a little lonely as her husband is out working and she is looking, something I understand completely...

Dad-o gave us their old grill that has been in the shed for a long while. Bryce has spent the past few days cleaning it up and scrubbing it down. We found a hole in the burner and so replaced it just before our "barbecue warming party" we threw. It worked just perfectly. Thanks to my skilled at the grill hubby of mine. He was quite dashing in his mickey mouse apron standing at his grill. I wish I had gotten a picture... *sigh* We'll just have to do it again...

The sun is starting to shine for real! Bryce and I were so excited yesterday that we went out to play in the yard. Bryce wad trying to fix the gate and I decided I would pull weeds out of those darn bushes... crazy me for thinking I could get very far... 2 1/2 hours, a couple giant slugs, and a few pounds of weeds and bush later- I finished my first bush! But it does look pretty good if I do say so myself. And yes... only one is done...

This is what the bush looked like before I attacked...
You might ask yourself... "bush? what bush? All I see is grass..." My point exactly...
Eww... look at all that junk! There was a lot...

the finished product of my labors. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Now the sprinkler can actually water something other than the branch attacking it, and we can get to the water faucet without pricking our hand on bush...

I have decided that I might not have the patience it takes to garden. I get so excited about what I've planted that I can't wait to see what they are going to look like full grown! Dirt isn't very exciting to look at... My Gerber daises are struggling right now, but on further inspection of the bulbs I also planted, they are beginning to sprout, so hopefully *cross fingers* they will begin to grow soon and I can enjoy the fruits of my labors.

I am loving life right now. God is good and life is great. Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Weeding is #1 on my top 10 list of things I dislike doing! :-)

    The bush looks great, by the way! You can come weed at my house any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work it looks great!

    ReplyDelete