Sunday, February 6, 2011

I was doing so well... almost through 9 whole months without catching the many bugs and viruses that float around campus all winter... So here I am, almost 3 weeks left and I suffer from the dreaded cold. I swear this is the worst cold I have ever had... made worse by the fact that I cannot take my beloved Ny-quil to help me sleep. Needless to say the last few nights have been rather long and frustrating.

However, my body was absolutely exhausted yesterday and that translated into at least 6 hours of sleep last night (breaking a record by at least 2!). I also got to sleep in today and I am feeling better (whether that translates into me sounding better I have yet to determine...). With any luck this will pass in the next day or so!

As inconvenient as this cold is, it has forced me to slow down a bit and I am grateful for that. I have found a little time to reflect and ponder and realize just how very blessed I am. I am grateful for my family and their support through all of this craziness of being pregnant. I am grateful for my mother especially. She has been busy at the sewing machine with some cute boy fabrics (I am way excited for them to become something cute!), but she checks up on me and even took me to get a pedicure to celebrate our survival of our latest break down... :) I have cute toes that keep me smiling when I can see them... :)

I am grateful for a thoughtful daddy who sends me little texts to check up on how I am doing. They have made some tough days happier and I know he loves me and wants the best for me. It is also very comforting to know he is so close by in case I may need him for anything.

My hubby does everything for me with patience and love. He makes me laugh when I'm upset and helps stand up when I'm stuck on the couch... I couldn't have anyone better by my side through all of this! I hope this little one grows up to be like his dad.

While she's not related by blood, she is just as close... My dear bestest friend has been an incredible support through this whole thing. Its a good thing she wants to be a nurse... or she may have quit speaking to me around month 2... She has been there with rides, love and support, and a sympathetic ear whenever I need her. She's the best! I love you!

My in-laws have been very supportive and excited for us as well. They are farther away but they keep careful tabs on our goings on. My mother in-law put together a wonderful baby shower on top of everything else that is going on in the family. It was so much fun to have the family there (even if everyone overshot fairly long on how big I am...) :)

Big Bird's grandparents live right next to the hospital we will be delivering at. They are so excited for us and have invited us to come to their house if the hospital wont take us in on the big day. They hosted the baby shower and have had us over a few times for a basketball game or two. :) We are grateful for their example, excitement, and willingness to have us over. Its always a treat to visit!

So many of our extended family have been so helpful and supportive. We are so grateful for the helpful advice, baby items donated to us, and encouragement from you all! We have felt your love, support, and prayers and are eternally grateful for such an amazing family that you are! Thanks for all you have done and continue to do!

Hows that for a silver lining? :) Thanks for reading. I'll be back with better news soon... :)


3 comments:

  1. That's what I love. No matter how hard life is, there is always a silver lining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope those cold bugs have gone and you're all through with those projects you've worried about. We can't wait to see what this little guy looks like. He's already very well loved by us all.

    ReplyDelete