Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father



I have been incredibly blessed to belong to a family with such an incredible father. He has taught me so much over the years it is hard to put to words just how much I love and adore him. Nevertheless, I shall do my best.

Daddy taught me important things like how to play baseball, that lying is wrong, that I should always respect and love my mother as much as he does, and to respect the classics like Pink Floyd, the Beatles, etc. He helped me to understand that I am an individual who is capable of doing difficult things, he encouraged me to shoot for the stars, and supported me in my hobbies and interests as I grew and developed. He taught me how to laugh at life and not take anything too seriously. He patiently helped me through my math books, corrected English assignments, and expected academic excellence.

Dad has a sense of humor and I love that about him. My very first date was to Prom. I'll never forget the sight of him sitting on the couch, with a rifle perched by his foot, falling asleep while he waited for my date to arrive. He told me I looked beautiful. That always meant a lot to me.

He has always been there to answer my questions, to comfort me, and to provide the power of the priesthood when I have needed it. I am grateful to have had a father that lived his beliefs and showed us by example how to live a life righteously.

Thanks Dad, for all the night-time songs, for all the dances, for all the laughs. Thanks for the road trips, the campfires, and the walks to the creek and back. Thanks for your love, your kindness, your wisdom, and your testimony. I love you will all my heart! You are the best Daddy in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment