Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 4: Pork Chops + Pea Gravy

One of the best meals there is. YUM! And we got to eat it tonight! I am grateful for the meal that I got to share with my family, and for the yummy-ness that was shared, but this post isn't exactly about pork chops... despite them being oh-so-delicious...

I have the best parents in the world. I know some people might beg to differ... but I seriously do not know how you can possibly do better than mine. They may tell me later that I am their daughter, so I have to say nice things... but it is true. They will have to see reason some day.

My mother is one of the strongest women I know. She is a worrier, and she tends to worry about other people and their needs. She wants this life to be the best it can be for everyone around her, and she tries not to make a fuss when attention is turned to her. (She may be mad at me later for this...) She took on a lot to take care of her own mother. I watched her as she tried to juggle work, taking care of Grandma, and taking care of Dad. She worried about her sisters too. My mom is a rock, she is dependable, loving, and likes to spoil her only grandson. *wink* She takes care of me and does her best to make sure I have my needs met. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. I love and adore her. I want to be like her.

My father is... nothing short of absolutely amazing. I couldn't ask for a better man to be so involved in my life. He has a heart of gold, a sense of humor, and a way of writing that makes everything right with the world. He raised my brother and I on the classics. Rocky Raccoon, Jeremiah was a Bullfrog, American Pie... our bedtime songs literally rocked. I have fond memories of road trips to and from Kanab listening to the "Caffeine" CD and answering the "who sings this song?" question. (Which by the way, is a trick question... he usually asked when it was actually Who singing...) My dad is a super hero. He knows what to say, when to say it, and how to take control of a situation to make it better. He is so strong, so kind, so happy. I know everything is going to be alright when he is around... even when it might not be...

It is difficult to put into words the love and admiration I have for my dear parents. I am grateful to have them as a major part of my life, even now, as my own family begins and grows. I would have it no other way! So to them I say: I am grateful that you are you, that you are my parents, and that I can have you around for many more adventures! I love you!


PS. I know its a picture of my wedding day... surprisingly I don't have many pictures with them both in it... that will have to be fixed...

No comments:

Post a Comment